Saturday 12 January 2013

Mary Berry's Victoria sandwich

Quite a lot of my posts from now on are likely to start with "Mary Berry's..." - I am currently working my way through her Baking Bible, which was a wee Christmas pressie from my father-in-law.

I have been following Mary's all-in-one method. Up until now I creamed the butter and sugar before folding in the flour. However everything has turned out perfectly!

For the Victoria sandwich, mix together 8oz butter, 8oz sugar, 8oz self raising flour, 2tps baking powder and four eggs.

Divide mixture into two greased and lined eight inch sandwich tins and bake at 180C (160C fan oven) for about 25 minutes.

Traditionally, a Victoria sandwich is sandwiched with strawberry or raspberry jam; however his one was sandwiched with buttercream. (2oz butter and 8oz icing sugar), then dusted with icing sugar.

It didn't last long.


No comments:

Post a Comment